Woohoo, I completed my goal for May and just finished not only one but two skirts for this summer!
It wasn't easy because I had to make adjustments to my selfmade pattern while I was sewing to make the skirts fit better and I kept having anxiety about the whole process. The only reason they are finished today is because I set the goal to finish them before the end of May. I'm happy they're done! And they fit! And I love them both!!
Some details: I made two a-line skirts with zippers in the back. I made my own custom pattern using Sew What! Skirts. The feather fabric is from Field Study linen/cotton blend by Anna Maria Horner. That skirt has a red zipper. The blue flower fabric is from Stenzo (Dutch brand) and I got it at the market last year. That one has a blue zipper. Both skirts have a facing at the top that I made 6 inches high (twice as high as the book says) to make the skirts feel less floppy (I mean you feel like you're wearing a serious piece of clothing instead of just some fabric around the waist).
To celebrate I edited my photos in Pixlr today. As you can see, these are my skirts for 2013. There aren't going to be any more skirts this year. It's back to quilts again for me. There is just less anxiety that they have to fit...
I'm linking to the finishes party of A Lovely Year of Finishes for May.