And because I love my studio, I tidied it up a bit! Especially my fabric was a mess and all over the place. It was so bad that I didn't feel like taking a "before" photo, so only "after" photos today.
To get started I took all my fabric out of my closet and made stacks. I organized all my quilting fabric by color. After all the shelves were empty I put those stacks back in a logical/rainbow order.
I also made a stack of sturdier, canvas-like fabric, of all my solids, of my neutrals, of my christmas prints and of whites with a little pattern and of multicolored fabrics that didn't fit in one of the other stacks. I also left all the Denyse Schmidt fabrics that I recently got together for now. The bin at the bottom is my scrap bin, the only fabric that my kids can use without having to ask me first (a very handy policy with two creative kids).
After this I needed to make something to protect my fabric from the sun. My studio has a wonderful window and is very light, but this is not great for keeping the fabric as colorful as it is. I used one of my sturdy IKEA fabrics to make a curtain.
It is attached to the closet with ringlets. This way it easy to take it off when I want to look at my fabric.
Now, the only fabric in my working space is the fabric I am working with!
Next in my tidying up plan are my books (you can see some of them in the bottom righthand corner of the photo and on the desk) and really cleaning off the desk on the other side of the room (it is not in the photos on purpose...)